Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Doing it again...

I started thinking about donating again about a year after my first retrieval. I was bored with the shallowness of corporate life and needed a change of scenery. I decided that donating a second time would be and a nice way to do something that actually makes a difference in someone's life. Something that matters.

So I started to research agencies.  This time around, I was looking for one that would allow me to travel out of state for the retrieval and that was a little more flexible in terms of the compensation. In this process, I found that most of the agencies that let donors set their own fees all in all did not come across as trustworthy establishments and that I really did not like them. I did, however, find one I liked in the end and I have been with them ever since. 

The application process was more rigorous this time. More pictures were required, including pictures of family members (which I categorically refused to provide), along with proof of test scores, transcripts, diplomas, etc. I felt vaguely uncomfortable sending in all this documentation but eventually decided to go along with it.

As with my first donation, I was matched with a couple very quickly - more quickly than I would have thought - about three weeks after I submitted my application. Yay! 

1 comment:

  1. Initially when I looked at clinics for embryo donation biotexcom responded very quickly to my queries and had the shortest waiting time. My coordinator called me and gave me all the details of what treatment involved, and answered all the questions I had. She also has very good English so there was no communication barrier at all. This process was a lot easier than I anticipated. All contact made through email and at all times my emails were responded to quickly and thoroughly. And the cost was not too much either. I was sent a treatment plan which was very clear and easy to follow. I was given my transfer date well in advance so I had plenty of time to plan my flights and accommodation. When I attended biotexcom on the day of transfer I was impressed at what a spotlessly clean clinic this is. All the staff was extremely friendly. I met my coordinator who was so friendly and kind and put me at ease before treatment. I spoke to the embryologist and the doctor before treatment. Procedure was very quick and efficient by the doctor performing procedure. After years of infertility treatment I am so glad I made the decision to go with embryo adoption. It is not easy to decide to go to another country and have treatment. I can’t believe how smoothly and stress free this process was. After years of tears and heartache they have helped to make myself and my husband’s dream of having a family come true. I am so grateful!

    ReplyDelete