Monday, September 7, 2009

Internet Resources for Egg Donors

An avid user of the Internet with an irrepressible Google reflex, I have naturally tried to rely on the Internet for information on egg donation. Which agencies out there are donor-friendly? What are the most common medical protocols for donors? What really are the risks of egg donation? Before long, I found that Internet resources specifically targeted towards donors are hard to come by. Other than the websites of donor agencies, which primarily serve as marketing tools and frequently display a commercial bias, there seem to be barely any websites devoted to donor issues. 

So where does a donor go to obtain unbiased authoritative information on egg donation?

I have come to rely on www.fertilethoughts.com for user-generated information on protocols, the injections, and other medical aspects of fertility treatment. Greateggs.com provides an attempt to rate agencies - though mostly the comments come from the IP rather than the donor perspective. And then there are a few great egg donor blogs. All in all, however, I have missed a central information platform where donors can obtain, generate, and share information on egg donation and their experiences with it. 

This blog is in part an attempt to redress this situation and to add to the information resources for both experienced donors and for those who try to decide whether ovum donation is for them. One of my next projects for this blog will therefore be to compile a number of links on egg donation with information I wish I had had when I first became a donor. Stay tuned and check the Donor Resources feature.

3 comments:

  1. Great Post.....

    I found your site on stumbleupon and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post! this site is really good it will help me a lot to achieve my dream of having a baby as soon as possible...

    egg donor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post! I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but believe me, if you want something badly, you’ll get it! Don't let anyone to destroy your goals! Some people simply don't understand our problem. It's our life and our decisions. We are the only one, who can make our future better. We were looking for clinic with lower prices and at the same time good service. We used Ukrainian clinic and paid €6 900. We had 2 attempts in general. We asked our doctor to find egg donor, who will have same features as I have. I consider my girls as my own. I’m their mother, I carried them and gave them birth. I don’t even think about the procedure or donor. We were met in the airport by taxi driver, who was carrying us across Kiev by his car. He was transporting us to the clinic and our apartment, which was also provided by the clinic. We had a manager and she translated everything for us. She spoke language fluently, so there were no misunderstandings. They even provided us with food supply! All these services were already included in our package. We didn't pay some extra fees not a single time. The only thing which we cared about was de ivf procedure. Our doctor knows her job very well! We have no complains. Thanks to her professionalism I have my precious daughters.

    ReplyDelete